Thursday, May 10, 2007

kaput to my baby dreams

It's over for my little pre-babies. On Wednesday the doctor only saw one follicle, maybe two. I see no reason to continue to egg retrieval even though I am still on medications and will come for another appointment on Friday at 10:40. I also have some thoughts that I managed to write down the evening of when the news came. I will post them here in a couple of days. I had a small thought about suicide as my dream of three years just went belly up.

And this is how it is - no genetic baby for me. I am starting the process with DE and hope to have it for July. I am very depressed yet relieved that I know the truth and no longer need to invest into something - both emotionally and financially - that was not to be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's awful and I am sorry that you received such disappointing news.

When I was told something similar it almost felt like a relief. I could stop chasing something that was never going to happen.

It will just take time to accept and having a next step in place is a good antidote.

Benderochka said...

You are so right! I felt exactly the same. I could stop the treatments! But then the implications of stopping the treatments, what it actually means, hit me.