Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Still sick and my intuition is telling me to eat things

Ok, I was still very sick but the stuff is starting to come out of my throat now, which is good but it makes it unbearable because I have to cough a lot and it also hurts. My nose was dripping today like crazy and it was so cold and windy and we were next to the water, so the cold went through to my bones. I am afraid ot get sicker.

However, my presentation went so so. I felt I could not moderate these people, but on the other hand, a positive thing was that I changed a direction of my presentation on the spot to accommodate some comments that came up. During lunch I strongly felt that I should not eat any real food, but that I could only eat sweets and soft food, so I ate apple pie which was pretty good and a mouse for lunch. I all of a sudden had this urge to eat honey - I hate honey, I have not had it in many years. But today I felt I had to eat 3 small containers of it during the meeting. Afterward for dinner I had 4 or 5 kg of tangerines and oranges and I finished off with one pineapple.

Btw, I just did a goodle search on therapeutic properties of honey and found this -Honey was originally used therapeutically for its antibacterial properties, but was replaced by antibiotics, such as penicillin and synthetic drugs, in the 1940s and 1950s. There is now a resurgent interest in honey as a topical antibacterial agent for the treatment of surface infections, such as ulcers, bed sores, and those resulting from burns, injuries and surgical wounds. The antibacterial activity of honey has been attributed to its high osmolarity, acidity and hydrogen peroxide content.

So there was a reason why I was eating honey, I felt like it was acting like an expectorant, helping me to get rid of the stuff in my throat.

No comments: