Monday, January 29, 2018

reflection on self-worth

  1. How do you measure your self-worth?                                                                                                If I work I feel I am worth more. If I have a successful career and am being productive. If I am being a perfect mother. If I *behave* well. If I respond adequately to people who offend me. Having money.  Being able to go on holidays. Being able to spend money.  Being dressed well. Being able to provide for my child.     Being able to serve people by doing reading that make a difference in their lives.       Being in a good relationship.  high salary.                                                                                                                                        
  2.  How do you define success?                                                                                                                     Success means to me professional success. And being able to take a short break from work.  being able to afford to take time off.     Also landing a guy. Being married.   Making a lot of money.                                                                                                                                                              
  3. Do you feel a shift is needed in either area?   Yes making more meaning out of relationship w my kid.   Detaching my self-worth from work or a guy. Changing my definition on success.                   
  4. How might you alter your current standards to be less superficial and more focused on what really matters in life?  Stop Tying success to happiness.  Being more in the moment. Being more present and listening to my soul.           Feeling I am good enough. also as a parent. I am good enough and I deserve to be present for every good moment of  my life! I am worthy of all great things.      Look  for evidence well lived.                                                                                                                             
  5. Is your inner critic more vocal when you are in certain situations or around particular people?          Professionally yes around big bosses. I feel very small. Like i don't deserve. I also feel like an impostor. Also around A's caregivers. feeling not good enough of a mom. She disrespects me or doesn't listen to me.                                                                                                                               
  6. What changes might you make to minimize your exposure to those situations or people?  wear a shield. Not hang out with such parents that  bring me down. Expand my energy. Practice being friendly by looking at pics of friendly people. Smiling at men.

No comments: